For the Crust:
- 200 grams of digestive cookies (or any other cookies, e.g., Oreos)
- 50 grams of melted unsalted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 600 grams of cream cheese
- 250 grams of mascarpone cheese
- 200 grams of melted white chocolate
- 5 leaves of gelatine
- Some flavoring of your choice (e.g., fruit puree, cinnamon, rum, etc.)
- Powdered sugar (optional, for added sweetness)
- Powdered sugar
For the Whipped Cream:
- 200 grams of whipped cream
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 200g milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 dl heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 25g butter
If you want some flavor, you can add, for example:
- Grated orange zest
- Freeze-dried coffee
Prepare the Crust:
- Crush the digestive cookies into fine crumbs. You can use a food processor or place the cookies in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to compact the crust.
Prepare the Cheesecake Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and mascarpone cheese. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed to beat them together until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the melted white chocolate to the cream cheese mixture while continuing to mix on low speed.
- If you prefer a sweeter cheesecake, you can add powdered sugar to taste at this stage. Mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Put it aside.
- Dissolve the gelatin according to the instructions on the package.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese while mixing and fold in the whipped cream.
Assembling the Cheesecake:
- Take the springform pan with the crust from the refrigerator and pour the cheesecake filling over the crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to set.
Prepare the Ganache:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it starts to simmer. Add one of the flavoring suggestions if desired and stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and continue stirring until the chocolate is fully melted. Then, stir in the butter.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes, and then pour it over the cake.
Now you have a delightful White Chocolate Cheesecake with Chocolate Licorice Ganache that’s not too sweet but still heavenly in flavor. With the option to adjust the sugar level and the freedom to experiment with different flavors, this cheesecake truly caters to your personal taste preferences. Enjoy the delightful journey of taste exploration and treat yourself to a truly customizable dessert that’s sure to impress!