- 7 dl wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 4 dl sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 dl vegetable oil
- 500 grams crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 dl finely chopped walnuts
- 2 dl shredded coconut
Cream cheese frosting
- 300 grams cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 115 grams softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 4 dl powdered sugar
- 1 dl chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla sugar in another bowl until the mixture becomes fluffy. Gently fold in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple along with its juice, chopped walnuts, and desiccated coconut.
- Mix on low speed until everything is well combined.
- Grease a 30×20 cm (12×8 inch) cake pan. You can use a bigger pan If you want. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until the cake is fully baked. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together the cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla sugar until fluffy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and continue whisking.
- Spread the glaze over the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
- Category: Baking, Cake, desserts
Keywords: cake, pineapple cake, Pries cake