So a girl sent a message to me on Instagram asking if we could do a recipe exchange. And of course I wanna do this. She is Indian so she sent me a Indian recipe and I sent her a Finnish recipe. You can see what she made on her Instagram @healthiefoodiesiaters. We also made a video of the recipes.
So what I got was fried potatoes and roti. And it was so delicious. Easy to make and so flavourful. The dish is also vegan. India has so many great vegan recipes. I also made a roti, a thin bread that is eaten with most the food in India.
so here is her recipe ??♂️
Indian fried potatoes
- 3 medium potatoes (600g)
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1,5 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 Pinch hing
- 1/4 Green chilli
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- lemon juice
- fresh coriander
- Once you have boiled the potatoes, peel them and chop them into cubes. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds, let them sizzle. Immediately lower the heat so that cumin seeds don't burn.
- Then add the crushed coriander seeds and hing (if using) and saute for few seconds.
- Add the green chili and ginger and saute for a minute until the ginger starts changing color.
- Add in the boiled and cubed potatoes to the pan and toss with the spices.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder and salt. Toss to combine potatoes with all the spices.
- Let the potatoes cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat, then add the chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze in fresh lemon juice to finish it off.
- Serve it with roti. I will send you a short video of how we make roti tomorrow.