Oh boy oh boy oh boooooy these are good. I don’t remember where I got this recipe from, but I have had it for a few years. You won’t even know they are gluten-free.
Gluten-Free flour mixes have become really good compared to what they were 10-15 years ago. That time it wasn’t fun to bake Gluten-Free. Everything got a weird texture and taste.
In this recipe, I use Semper white flour mix. You can of course use your favorite flour mix.
Apples in season now
Apples are in season now and I have almost had too many. The trees home at my mom’s farm are filled with apples and I got a lot. I made juice, jam, and cakes. Will still make some apple and ginger shots. And of course in these muffins. You can use some berries also for example blueberry. And why not put some chocolate chip in them? This recipe a good basic recipe.
Gluten-Free Apple Muffins
- 1,75 deciliter sugar
- 125 grams butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla suger/extract
- 2 egg
- 4 deciliter Gluten-Free white flour mix
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 deciliter milk
- 4 apples cut in small cubes
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 deciliter Gluten-Free white flour mix
- 0,5 deciliter brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Cut the apples in small cubes. Spinkel the cinnamon over the apples and stir so they get covered with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or use muffin papers.
- In a mixing bowl, put sugar butter salt, baking powder and vanilla. Beat it with a electir mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl so everything mixes properly.
- Combine Flour mix and xanthan gum.
- Fold in the flour mixture alternately with milk. First a little flour and then a little milk. Don't mix it too much so the volume goes away. You can use a spatula to fold in the flour and milk.
- Fold in the apples or berries if you prefer that.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
Make the topping
- Mix all the ingredients for the topping using a fork or your fingers. Make sure it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake them in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes or until they are baked. Check with a toothpick.